… Khamenei long pursued a course of confrontation with the West, and Tehran for years has provided support to anti-US and anti-Israel armed groups around the Middle East, including Palestinian Hamas and Lebanon's Hezbollah, who both sent delegations to the ceremonies.
… Khamenei long pursued a course of confrontation with the West, and Tehran for years has provided support to anti-US and anti-Israel armed groups around the Middle East, including Palestinian Hamas and Lebanon's Hezbollah, who both sent delegations to the ceremonies.
… his infant granddaughter, son-in-law, daughter and Mojtaba Khamenei's wife Zahra Haddad Adel, who were all killed in the February 28 strikes. - 'Call for vengeance' - Under Khamenei, Tehran for years provided support to armed groups around the region, including Palestinian Hamas …
… Both the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas and the Israeli military accuse each other of violating the ceasefire there, which has been in effect since October last year.
… aboola-mid-article-thumbnails', placement: 'Mid Article Thumbnails', target_type: 'mix' }); Smiles spread across the crowd gathered among the ruins of the Nuseirat neighourbood which, like the rest of the Gaza Strip, was devastated during the two-year war between Israel and Hamas …
… The UN children's agency said the number of Palestinian children killed since the ceasefire was announced between Israel and Hamas, which runs Gaza, was an "absurd and devastating figure"."During a period supposedly defined by restraint and protection, a child has been killed, on …
… In 2025 Israel was at war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip following the Palestinian militant group's October 2023 attack, as well as continuing its conflict with Hezbollah in Lebanon and fighting a 12-day war with Iran in June. …
US President Donald Trump's Middle East envoy Jared Kushner has arrived in Israel to meet Prime Minister Netanyahu, following rare talks with Hamas to discuss a US-backed Gaza peace plan. Israel rejected Trump's 15-point plan last week, which calls for Hamas disarmament, Israeli troop withdrawal, and Gaza's reconstruction under a new Palestinian civilian administration.
US President Donald Trump's Middle East envoy Jared Kushner has arrived in Israel to meet Prime Minister Netanyahu, following rare talks with Hamas to discuss a US-backed Gaza peace plan. Israel rejected Trump's 15-point plan last week, which calls for Hamas disarmament, Israeli troop withdrawal, and Gaza's reconstruction under a new Palestinian civilian administration.
US envoy Jared Kushner met Hamas's new leader Khalil al-Hayya in Egypt on Sunday to discuss reviving a US-backed Gaza peace plan that Israel has so far rejected. The meeting precedes Kushner's planned discussion with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu on Monday, two weeks after Hamas endorsed the latest stage of Trump's Gaza plan.
US envoy Jared Kushner met Hamas's leader in Egypt on Sunday to push a Gaza peace plan that Israel has rejected, pressing for verifiable disarmament steps two weeks after Hamas endorsed the latest stage of Trump's plan. Hamas reiterated its commitment to the disarmament roadmap in the talks.
Israel's Defence Minister Israel Katz visited southern Lebanon on Wednesday, vowing to destroy infrastructure and keep troops in a so-called "security zone" in Lebanon as well as in Syria and Gaza. The comments came nearly two months after Israel and Lebanon agreed to a US-sponsored framework deal involving Hezbollah's disarmament and a gradual Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon's south.
Israeli forces moved against settlers who have besieged Palestinian homes near Nablus since Sunday, blocking residents from food and supplies. US Ambassador Mike Huckabee denounced the siege as "thuggish behaviour" and said Israel had intervened at US request, though witnesses said settlers remained in the area.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday rejected a US-led Gaza plan endorsed by Hamas, putting distance between himself and President Donald Trump as he shores up his political base ahead of close elections. Netanyahu said Israel will not carry out any withdrawal from Gaza until Hamas is genuinely disarmed, despite receiving assurances that Israel would not need to withdraw immediately.
Hamas said Friday it agreed to a US President Donald Trump–announced deal to end its war with Israel, under which it would hand over weapons to a Palestinian governing committee and Israeli forces would gradually withdraw from Gaza. Israel's National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir denounced the agreement as unacceptable, while a political source said there would be no Israeli withdrawal unless Hamas undergoes genuine disarmament.
US President Donald Trump's Board of Peace announced an agreement for Hamas and other armed groups in Gaza to completely disarm, with a senior Hamas official confirming the group's agreement to the plan and Israel yet to comment. The disarmament is part of the second phase of a US-brokered Gaza ceasefire plan that also includes Israeli troop withdrawal and Gaza reconstruction.
Hamas said Friday it had agreed to a Trump-announced deal requiring it to hand over weapons to a Palestinian governing committee and Israel to gradually withdraw from Gaza. Israel did not immediately comment, though an Israeli political source told AFP the proposed agreement did not "satisfactorily" address Israeli demands for full demilitarisation of Gaza.
The United States and Saudi Arabia struck positions belonging to the Hashed al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilisation Forces), a network of Shia-majority armed factions established in 2014 to fight the Islamic State group, which includes powerful pro-Iran groups that have long threatened Washington.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited the White House Tuesday for his first in-person talks with President Donald Trump since the Iran war began in late February. The closed-door meeting, described by the White House as "positive and productive," lasted about an hour and a half and was dominated by discussion of the conflict, which is currently paused as Washington seeks to give negotiations a chance.
The Israeli military said it struck a mosque in northern Gaza it claimed was used by Hamas as a weapons storage facility, with AFP photos showing fire and smoke above displaced Gazans' tents at the Al-Muttaqin Mosque. Since a ceasefire began in October 2025, 1,207 people have been killed in the Gaza Strip as Israeli strikes continue despite the truce.
A senior UN official told the Security Council that violence in the occupied West Bank has escalated in the past week, resulting in civilian casualties, displacement, and property damage, with Israeli settler attacks against Palestinian communities persisting at alarming levels.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will meet US President Donald Trump at the White House on Tuesday for the first time since the Iran war began in late February, with the war expected to dominate discussions despite public disagreements between the two leaders.
Palestinian health workers said a 28-year-old woman delivered a stillborn baby in an ambulance after the vehicle was delayed by Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint in the occupied West Bank on Monday. The woman was six months pregnant and experiencing heavy bleeding when medics collected her; the ambulance faced blocked routes and a closed gate at the Awarta checkpoint.
International Criminal Court member states voted to remove prosecutor Karim Khan following allegations of sexual misconduct against a female staff member. Khan, who denies the allegations, was dismissed by 82 of 125 members for "serious misconduct and a serious breach of duty."
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will meet US President Donald Trump at the White House on Tuesday and attend the funeral service for Senator Lindsey Graham, according to Netanyahu's office. The visit comes amid occasional public disagreements between the two leaders over handling of the war with Iran.
The International Criminal Court's 125 member states convened Friday to decide the fate of prosecutor Karim Khan, who was suspended over allegations of sexual assault against a staff member, which he denies. Khan stepped back from his duties in May 2025 to fight the allegations made by a female colleague after an inquiry launched the previous year.
New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani said he is considering whether to attempt to arrest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during an upcoming UN summit, calling Netanyahu a "war criminal" who belongs at The Hague. Mamdani acknowledged uncertainty over his legal authority to order such detention but said he is consulting with the city's legal team.
Palestinian rights organisations launched an international campaign on Tuesday to document and combat sexual violence against Palestinian detainees in Israeli prisons. Campaign coordinator Youssef al-Amayreh, released in January after two years in Israeli custody, said the initiative had collected dozens of testimonies from former detainees alleging sexual violence and abuse.
Israel will hold a general election on October 27, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu seeking to remain in power against rivals including former military chief Gadi Eisenkot, who founded his own party in 2025 after serving in Netanyahu's war cabinet.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, 76, is Israel's longest-serving prime minister and has led multiple wars and outlasted several American presidents. He now faces an international arrest warrant over alleged war crimes in Gaza, a corruption trial, and a nearly three-year multi-front conflict including direct military confrontations with Iran, ahead of an election scheduled for October 27.
The funeral procession for Iran's late supreme leader Ali Khamenei began in Tehran on Monday, with state media reporting massive crowds of mourners as ceremonies unfolded after his body lay in state for two days. Attention remains focused on his successor, son Mojtaba Khamenei, who has not appeared publicly since taking power.
The funeral procession for Iran's supreme leader Ali Khamenei began in Tehran on Monday after he lay in state for two days. Authorities prepared for large crowds as the ceremonies offered Iran an opportunity to project resilience after five weeks of war with the United States and Israel.
Vast crowds of Iranians massed in Tehran on Saturday for marathon funeral ceremonies for supreme leader Ali Khamenei, who was killed aged 86 along with family and top officials in an Israeli strike on February 28. Mourners clad in black and waving blood-red flags thronged the Grand Mosalla religious complex where his body lay in state, with authorities seeking to send a message of defiance after the war with the US and Israel.
Israel's defence minister said Israeli forces would remain in security zones established in Lebanon, Syria and Gaza "until further notice" to protect Israel's residents from jihadist terrorists. Israeli officials have repeatedly ruled out withdrawing troops from southern Lebanon, where forces continue to clash with Hezbollah fighters.
In central Gaza, where power outages are frequent and neighborhoods remain devastated from a two-year war, residents gathered in darkness to watch World Cup matches on a brightly lit screen, with Belgian and Egyptian fans united in their passion for the tournament. A Palestinian Football Association member described the World Cup as not trivial for Gazans.
The UN children's agency says 265 Palestinian children have been killed in Gaza since a ceasefire was declared in October 2025, with UNICEF stating that a child has been killed on average every day for more than eight months despite the supposed ceasefire. According to Gaza's health ministry, at least 992 Palestinians have been killed since the ceasefire was announced.
According to an Explosive Weapons Monitor report released Wednesday, more than half of the over 22,600 civilian deaths caused by explosive weapons in 65 countries in 2025 were attributed to the Israeli military, marking a 21 percent decrease from 2024 largely due to ceasefires in Gaza and Lebanon.
The ICC's governing body suspended Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan following a review of UN investigation findings and recommendations from an independent panel; Khan denied the allegations through his lawyers, calling the suspension unlawful and procedurally unfair.