Also known as: CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani · CONCACAF chief Victor Montagliani
FIFA President who faced confederation criticism over a failed plan to privatize World Cup operations, with his re-election prospects weakened as of August 2026.
… CONCACAF chief Victor Montagliani is widely seen as the likeliest challenger to Infantino and his bid for a fourth and final term in an election in Rabat next March. …
… ugh deception, when an individual places himself above the collective that entrusted him with authority, that duty has been abandoned." -- A no holds-barred letter, released on Monday, signed by the presidents of three confederations, Aleksander Ceferin (UEFA), Victor Montagliani …
… "When trust is broken through deception, when an individual places himself above the collective that entrusted him with authority, that duty has been abandoned." - UEFA boycott threat - CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani is viewed as a potential challenger to Infantino, who wi …
… "When trust is broken through deception, when an individual places himself above the collective that entrusted him with authority, that duty has been abandoned." UEFA boycott threatCONCACAF president Victor Montagliani is viewed as a potential challenger to Infantino, who will be …
… UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has on several occasions ruled himself out and without a European, the field narrows considerably. - Victor Montagliani - CONCACAF president Montagliani was previously seen as close to Infantino but there is clear blue water between them now, wit …
… "A comprehensive reckoning with this presidency is imperative." North and Central American football's governing body CONCACAF throws down the gauntlet, its president Victor Montagliani is widely-cited as the favoured candidate to oppose Infantino. …
… CONCACAF -- whose president Victor Montagliani is seen as a potential challenger -- had called for "a comprehensive reckoning with this presidency". …
… The name most frequently mentioned as a potential challenger or successor is Victor Montagliani, president of CONCACAF, which governs football in North and Central America and the Caribbean. …
… Victor Montagliani, president of the governing body for football in North and Central America and the Caribbean (Concacaf), said the suggestion "doesn't feel right" and he believes the expansion would damage "the broader football ecosystem". …
FIFA President Gianni Infantino's chief operating officer Kevin Lamour has departed after breaking ranks with senior FIFA directors and criticizing Infantino's plan to bring private investment into FIFA competitions, including World Cups. Lamour had refused to sign off on the deal and described it as "the project of one person."
FIFA President Gianni Infantino's chief operating officer Kevin Lamour has departed after breaking ranks with senior FIFA directors and criticizing Infantino's plan to bring private investment into FIFA competitions, including World Cups. Lamour had refused to sign off on the deal and described it as "the project of one person."
FIFA president Gianni Infantino has lost the confidence of UEFA after his plan to allow private investment in the World Cup was withdrawn following global backlash. Despite support from US President Donald Trump and withdrawing the controversial proposal, Infantino's position remains precarious as three confederations have criticized his style of leadership.
US President Donald Trump said on Monday it would be "a terrible mistake" to replace FIFA president Gianni Infantino, who is facing criticism from three continental confederations over deception and failed efforts to privatize parts of the World Cup.
US President Donald Trump said Monday it would be "a terrible mistake" to replace FIFA President Gianni Infantino, who faced criticism from UEFA, CONCACAF and AFC over a failed plan to sell World Cup broadcasting rights to private investors.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino withdrew his plan to raise private investment for a new commercial subsidiary to run World Cup operations after global backlash. UEFA, CONCACAF, and AFC released an open letter criticizing his leadership style, despite calls for unity.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino abandoned his controversial plan to allow private investment in the World Cup, described as a "humiliating climbdown." Though he received support from senior directors and a confederation this week, his position remains precarious ahead of his potential re-election for a fourth and final term next March.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino lost UEFA's "confidence" after withdrawing a plan to allow private investment in the World Cup, prompting the European body to reiterate a boycott threat. While the Confederation of African Football backed Infantino, CONMEBOL and UEFA criticized him over the cancelled financing scheme.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino abandoned a plan to bring private finance into the World Cup after UEFA threatened to boycott tournaments, but UEFA said on Thursday that not all of its conditions have been met and reiterated the boycott threat. CAF backed Infantino while CONMEBOL criticized him.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino has lost UEFA's confidence after his plan to allow private investment in the World Cup triggered global backlash and calls for his resignation, despite FIFA withdrawing the proposal. His previously unopposed path to a fourth term in March's election has been significantly weakened.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino says the federation will examine a 64-team World Cup format after the 2026 tournament, citing the success of the current 48-team expansion and the need for the competition to be inclusive of all nations and regions.